ChatGPT is one of the fastest-growing applications ever, according to a UBS study.
The popular chatbot by OpenAI reached a staggering 100 million monthly active users in January, slightly over 60 days after launch.
Just so you know, it took TikTok nine months to reach 100 million users and Instagram two and a half years to achieve the same feat, according to stats by Sensor Tower.
AI is the future and is set to revolutionize business as we know it.
I've talked about AI tools like SurferSEO, RankIQ, and Content at Scale.
Today I'll write about two of the most sought-after; ChatGPT and Jasper AI.
I'll compare the two side by side, highlighting what you can do with each tool, including the most notable features and capabilities. That way, you can make an informed decision as to which one works best for your needs.
Let's dive right in.
What is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is a natural language processing tool powered by Artificial Intelligence.
It is a conversational AI model trained on an extensive text database to generate human-like responses to natural language prompts.
ChatGPT's language models are anchored on a framework that enables it to handle various genres and topics, making it arguably the most conversational AI model on the internet.
ChatGPT is a very straightforward tool to use.
It has a minimalist and simple interface allowing users to type in prompts based on their goals.
For instance, you can use the tool to write a video script outline, social media posts, website content, generate ideas etc. The possibilities are endless.
You can even use it to generate code snippets.
While ChatGPT is easy to use, you must give the right prompt to get what you want.
One of the strategies that I have seen give better results is reverse engineering. You can ask ChatGPT what information you need to create the best prompt for particular usage.
OpenAI's GPT4 model, which comes with the paid ChatGPT Plus, is more advanced than the previous versions, with a higher "reasoning capability" and better conciseness.
What is Jasper AI?
Jasper AI is a conversation artificial intelligence platform that enables businesses and individuals to create engaging content ranging from social media posts, marketing copy, content marketing meta descriptions etc., in a conversational style.
Jasper features an easy-to-use interface with a drag-and-drop function allowing users to create and customize conversations to meet their needs.
Unlike ChatGPT, Jasper AI can create images from the text just like Midjourney, and you can choose from various ready-made templates depending on your writing needs. These features make Jasper one of the most versatile AI tools.
ChatGPT Main Features
ChatGPT boasts a host of features and functionalities, including:
- An integrated AI chatbot with natural language processing capabilities
- Ability to generate human-like responses based on a specific prompt
- Ability to debug and generate code
- Ability to translate text between languages
- Ability to improve the text
- Summarizing content generated
- Ability to simplify complex concepts in an easy-to-understand language
- Ability to archive and remember conversations with a user
- Ability to solve math equations
Jasper AI Features
Jasper AI offers a number of impressive features, including:
- Jasper Chat, a function that's similar to ChatGPT's chatbot
- Jasper Art that converts text into images
- Ability to generate content based on a particular input
- An integrated plagiarism checker
- Ability to create human-like content in 29 different languages
- A Chrome extension
- Reliable chat and email support
- A five-day free trial
- Ability to create human-like text for marketing copy and video scripts
What Can You Do with ChatGPT?
There are many ways you can leverage ChatGPT's ability, including:
Simplify Complex Concepts in an Easy-to-Understand Language
You can use ChatGPT to break down complex topics, making them easy to comprehend even with limited knowledge about the subject matter.
Check this out;
As you can see, apart from explaining what GitHub is, ChatGPT simplifies it even further. That way, anyone coming across the term for the first time can easily understand what GitHub is about.
And the beauty of it is that ChatGPT can generate text explaining even the most complex subjects in seconds.
As I mentioned, the more specific you are with your prompt, the better the results you can generate with ChatGPT.
Generate Creative Ideas
Let's say you want to buy a creative gift for your friend but don't know where to start.
You can head over to ChatGPT and request creative ideas.
Check this out;
Birthday ideas are just one example. You can ask ChatGPT for any creative ideas, and it'll deliver.
You'll need to be careful with your words, though.
While you can use ChatGPT for generating the content, the platform doesn't accept vulgar or abusive prompts. So, give it appropriate prompts to get relevant answers.
Check this out;
Write Social Media Posts
You can use ChatGPT to generate social media posts that stand out.
Again, the platform comes in handy to save time while creating social media posts that'll attract attention and engagement. With GPT4, you will get even the emojis.
Even though this copy isn't always flawless, it sounds like a human writer created it. You can make minor tweaks to suit your needs or brand voice.
Write Blog Post Outlines
Creating a good outline is one of the most fundamental aspects of writing blog posts.
While creating an all-inclusive outline for a blog post can be time-consuming, ChatGPT can help you create one in seconds.
Check this out.
What Can You Do with Jasper AI?
One of the key differences between ChatGPT and Jasper is that the latter offers access to over 50 different uses case for content creation. Some popular uses include:
Creating Website Content
Jasper AI is an excellent tool for creating well-written AI content faster.
It comes with a ton of copywriting templates to enable you to create content for your website, including:
- Blog posts
- Compelling descriptions
- Case studies
- Product reviews
- Improve existing content
- Product descriptions
Some of the reasons you'll want to create content with Jasper AI include:
The platform comes with integrated SurferSEO, allowing you to generate SEO-optimized content fast.
The ability to improve existing content means you can leverage this functionality to scale Google rankings.
The integrated plagiarism checker allows you to create original content without spelling mistakes.
You can leverage the tool to improve your overall vocabulary and tone
Better yet, you can select a blog template, enabling you to customize your posts to your liking.
Here's how Jasper AI's blog section looks at a glance.
Write Video Scripts
Jasper is one of the best AI tools for creating engaging video content for YouTube and social media platforms like TikTok.
It is ideal if you're a business owner, YouTuber, content creator, or social media influencer looking to generate scripts that attract views, likes, and shares.
The tool comes with a template called Video Script Outline that writes video script outlines. Jasper AI is notably better for How To or Listicle-style videos.
To create scripts, all you need to do is to enter your video's title, and Jasper AI will do the rest.
Side Note: You can leverage Jasper's Boss Mode Plan and Document Editor to create more content for your video scripts.
Write Personal Bio
You can use the Jasper Personal Bio template to create a bio that you can use on your LinkedIn profile, the "About Us" section of your blog, or resume.
You can achieve this by feeding Jasper Chat with some prompts and allowing AI to create a copy that best describes you.
You can, for instance, input your name, job title, qualifications, experience, etc. You can even dictate to it the tone of voice and the point of view (1st or 3rd person).
Once you've put all the details, hit enter and watch Jasper AI generate a compelling description with just a few clicks.
Other ways you can use Jasper AI include;
- Create new marketing copy ideas
- Write a creative opening paragraph
- Create vibrant images using Jasper Art
- Use "Explain it to a Child" to make the text easier to understand
- Write Google ads descriptions
- Write photo captions
- Write website sub-headline
- Create compelling product descriptions for your eCommerce site
- Create captivating real estate listings
- Write Quora answers
- Write a business plan and more.
ChatGPT vs Jasper AI - Differences and Similarities
Both ChatGPT and Jasper AI have similarities and differences worth noting.
Jasper AI and ChatGPT are Natural Language Processing (NLP) platforms running on OpenAI's GPT 3.5 models to generate human-like text. Most AI language models use the same concept.
Both technologies save their interaction with the users, leveraging the large language model GPT 3.5, trained using reinforcement learning from human feedback (RLHF).
Jasper is more about creating AI content, as evidenced by the recipes, templates, content editors, etc. And then there's an AI chatbot known as Jasper Chat.
ChatGPT, on the other hand, is a conversational AI tool owned and operated by OpenAI.
ChatGPT and Jasper AI are significantly different in many areas. The best way to outline the differences is to look at the upsides and downsides of each tool.
Jasper's Pros and Cons
- Jasper allows you to create content in various forms and purposes. You can use it to generate repurposed content, long-form posts, etc.
- You get access to Jasper Art, a powerful AI image generator.
- You can interact with this tool in several ways beyond Jasper Chat, including templates, Boss Mode, and Chrome Extension.
- Access to expansive current niche knowledge
- Access to 50+ copywriting templates
- Integrated content creator supports 29+ languages
- Google Docs integration
- Ability to save usage and response history
- Access to a free browser extension
- Jasper Chat supports unique tone and voice responses
- Easy-to-navigate interface
- Jasper Chat is fine-tuned for business use, including sales and marketing departments.
- There's no free version
- It doesn't have a feature for generating code
ChatGPT Pros and Cons
- Remarkable language abilities enabling advanced content creation
- The free version is impressive, allowing you to generate unlimited words quickly
- Despite being completely free, the responses are significantly generic
- Lack of context awareness, leading to incorrect responses to particular input language and prompts
- While the paid version is better, the free option struggles to handle large volumes of requests, sometimes leading to system crashes
- ChatGPT is susceptible to plagiarism
- Doesn't provide personalized feedback. You'll struggle to establish a genuine connection with the chatbot.
ChatGPT vs Jasper AI - Which Platform is Best for Who?
While artificial intelligence is still in its infancy to a large extent, it will improve. The sooner you embrace AI tools, to make your work easier.
That said, ChatGPT is the ideal AI tool for everyday use. It is best suited for business owners who don't have enough time to create content. It can also come in handy for students looking to improve existing content and write essays.
Employees and various departments can use it to create code snippets and formulas.
Jasper, on the other hand, is for business owners and teams looking to create large volumes of content and art. It is also an excellent tool for virtual assistants with much to handle.
Jasper is a powerful AI content platform that can help users achieve a ton of things quicker and is a great addition if you want to improve your workflow.
How Do I Access ChatGPT?
Getting started with ChatGPT is easy.
Simply head over to OpenAI and click on Try GhatGPT. You'll then follow the prompts to create an account.
You can also sign up for ChatGPT Plus if you want to bypass the shortcomings of the free version, including the annoying crashes and access to the GPT4 model.
ChatGPT Plus is available for a monthly subscription of $20 per month.
How to Access Jasper AI?
To start using Jasper, head over to Jasper AI to sign. Follow the prompts to create your account.
Jasper AI is available in three pricing plans as follows:
- Starter Plan: $40 per month for 35,000 words
- Boss Mode: $82 per month for 100,000 words
- Business Plan: Contact Jasper for pricing.
You can take Jasper for a test drive by claiming 10,000 words for free.
ChatGPT vs. Jasper AI - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is Jasper as Good as ChatGPT?
Jasper Chat and ChatGPT use a large language model GPT 3.5, trained on Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback (RLHF).
ChatGPT is a robust generative AI best suited for research and experimentation. On the other hand, Jasper Chat is created for business use cases such as sales, marketing, and social media posts.
Jasper is excellent for day-to-day business. It leverages a collection of models such as Bloom, T5, Neo X, and OpenAI tailored to create compelling content for a particular use case or industry.
So, whether Jasper is as good as ChatGPT depends on whether you use the tool for its intended purposes.
Will ChatGPT Replace Jasper AI?
Jasper Chat and ChatGPT are fundamentally different. For instance, Jasper comes with an integrated plagiarism checker, a feature you won't find with ChatGPT. It also has SurferSEO to help you create content optimized for search engines.
ChatGPT can generate code, something you won't get with Jasper Chat.
The point is, ChatGPT will not replace Jasper, at least not in its current state.
The two tools complement each other's ability, making them a powerful set for users looking to leverage the power of artificial intelligence to improve their workflows.
What Is the Downside of ChatGPT?
ChatGPT is an AI language model that can perform various tasks ranging from answering research questions, writing songs, language translation, and more.
However, it isn't without limitations, including:
- Lack of emotional intelligence. It cannot detect subtle emotional cues.
- Lack of common sense. ChatGPT can sometimes generate incorrect or nonsensical responses to certain situations and questions.
- Limitations in understanding context. ChatGPT struggles to understand the context, especially humor and sarcasm.
- Inability to generate long-form structured content. While ChatGPT can understand a natural conversation, it may struggle to generate long-form coherent pieces that follow a specific structure, narrative, or format.
- Inability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. ChatGPT is best suited for a single task at a time.
- Biased responses. While ChatGPT is trained on a large data set, it may generate prejudicial or biased answers.
- Accuracy and grammatical issues. While ChatGPT can churn out technically correct responses, it may have some shortcomings related to relevance and context.
- The need to finetune content. You cannot use the content generated by ChatGPT without human fact-checking or revision.
Conclusion - Which one Should You Choose?
Now that you know what to expect which ChatGPT and Jasper, the next question then becomes – which one should you choose?
Well, the answer primarily depends on what you're looking for and your preferences.
You're better off with ChatGPT if you're in for a robust language model with an extensive knowledge base. On the flip side, you have to deal with occasional syntax issues and figuring out the correct prompts to give you the exact results you're hoping for.
Conversely, Jasper AI may be ideal if you're looking for an artificial intelligence tool without worrying about prompt engineering because of its ready-made templates. Remember, you can test Jasper by claiming 10,000 free words.