Artificial Intelligence (AI) is here, and it can do A LOT for your business.
Today, I'm going to tell you how you can leverage AI writing software tools to create content that your audience cares to read.
I'll also tell you why Jasper.ai is the best AI writing software. In fact, I'll give you my personal experience with the tool, what I learned and how you can use it to create high-quality content.
Sounds good? Great!
Let's dive right into it.
First things first, though.
What is an AI Writing Tool?
As the name suggests, an AI writer is software that leverages artificial intelligence to predict one or more phrases that you feed it to generate content.
You can use an AI writing assistant to create a sales copy, generate blog ideas, write content for landing pages, slogans, and digital ad copy, to mention but a few.
The right AI writing software can help you write high-quality copy to engage your audience.
What is the Best AI Writer?
Indeed, there are many AI writing tools like Jasper, INK, and Grammarly, to mention but a few.
Still, not every AI writing assistant is worth your attention.
The best AI writing software should offer the following:
Ability to Write Long-Form Content
According to a SEMRush report, long-form content is more engaging, shareable, and better for SEO. A 7,000+ word piece, for instance, drives more traffic than a 900 t0 1,200-word article.
While the length of your content may vary depending on needs and audience, you want a content generation tool that can allow you to generate long-form content easily and quickly.
Ability to Write Product Descriptions
If you're an affiliate marketer or an online business owner, you know that writing detailed product descriptions is crucial for your enterprise.
Therefore, it makes perfect sense to look for AI writing software that can help you with product descriptions.
Even though you may have to tweak the content to insert finer product details, using an AI content generator can help make the process easier.
Ability to Create Data-Rich Content
There's more to keying in a few phrases into an AI writer and letting it do the rest of the work.
Ultimately you want to create content that ranks in SERPs.
This means that the best AI writing software is the one that helps you write SEO-optimized content.
Put differently, look for a tool that can create data-rich articles, complete with the right keyword density, to ensure that your pieces rank well on search engines.
Ability to Write Less Technical Articles
It's not all the time you want to write SEO content.
So, you'll want writing software that can churn out emotive content or creative pieces.
Did you know some AI writing assistants can allow you to design infographics and edit video scripts?
Top AI Writing Tools
Now that you know what an ideal writing assistant should offer let's look at the best options for you.
1. Jasper AI
Jasper.ai (formerly Jarvis) ticks all the boxes the best AI writing software should. It is my favorite tool for creating AI-generated content.
Jasper has many well-thought-out niceties that you won't find in most AI tools.
First, this AI writing software can do just about everything. You can use it to write blog posts, marketing drafts, product descriptions, content for landing pages, social media posts, and more.
The coolest part?
You can specify the tone of voice you want Jasper to write in. That's right.
Simply enter anything in the tone of voice and let Jasper work his magic. You can, for instance, use adjectives like "dramatic," "funny," or even people you want Jasper to imitate.
Even more impressive, Jasper does a stellar job when it comes to creating long-form content. All you need to do is write one sentence or paragraph, and the software will pick it up from there.
- Unlimited project folders and workspace documents to keep your account organized.
- Base generation limit of 50,000 with the Boss Mode Plan (about that in a few)
- Over 50 short-form copywriting templates to accomplish all your writing needs, including writing blog posts, creating Google Ads content, social media posts, SEO, emails, and more.
- Ability to write long-form content with up to 3,000 characters output
- 2,000 to 3,000 character look-back to avoid repeating your points
- Handy commands and a rephrase feature
- "Explain to a fifth-grader" feature to simplify the wording
- Over 25 supported languages
- Surfer SEO integration
- Integrated Grammarly support
- Copyscape integration to check for plagiarism
- Excellent support backed by regular live training and detailed documentation
- Access to a private Facebook group
Jasper AI is available in two pricing plans as follows:
- Starter: $49 per month for 35,000 words
- Boss Mode: $99 per month for 50,000 words
I recommend Boss Mode if you're in for excellent, consistent results and better control.
Jasper.ai is for anyone looking for an AI writing tool to create engaging content that ranks in search engines — especially with the integration of Surfer SEO.
Jasper can write school essays, listicles, YouTube video scripts, and even eBooks. Beyond AI-generated content for your online, you can use Jasper to create printouts or templates for your offline events or business.
With Jasper as part of my online business tools, I can now overcome writer's block and write blog articles more efficiently and 5X faster. You can read my full Jasper.ai review to learn more.
And guess what. Jasper offers the first 10,000 words free!
Rytr was launched in 2022 and is the brainchild of Abhi Godara, a San Francisco businessman.
Despite being a new entrant, it is proving to be among the most popular software tools for content writing.
Rytr uses deep learning to help users produce content for blogs, social media posts, emails, landing pages, ads, and more.
It supports multiple languages to accommodate users from diverse geo-locations.
- Up to 29 language support to allow users to produce articles in their native language or that of their clients
- More than 20 tones to help you express various emotions in your writing, from humorous to passionate, formal, persuasive, and everything in between
- Over 20 use cases to enable you to create articles and social media posts to suit different purposes. Rytr use cases can come in handy for YouTubers, bloggers, sales professionals, and creative writers, among others.
- Blog idea and outline function that allows you to add your target keyword as you write
- Copywriting framework (AIDA) for creating product descriptions in your selected tone
- SEO meta description and meta optimization spelling to help produce SEO-optimized meta descriptions for your pages, websites, and blogs in seconds
- Other notable highlights include post and caption ideas, story plot, business idea pitch, testimonial and review, and Google docs integration.
Rytr is available in two pricing plans structure as follows:
- Saver Plan: $9 per month for 50,000 characters per month
- Unlimited plan: $29 per month
Rytr is another good AI content writing tool if you're on a tight budget.
This AI writing software offers a variety of cases designed for content creators, copywriters, entrepreneurs, sales professionals, and social media writers.
Rytr has a free plan that allows you to generate 5,000 characters per month.
WriteSonic can crank up entire blog posts in three minutes!
With such capacity, this is a good AI writer if you have lots of content to produce on on-the regular.
WriteSonic is easy to use, so you shouldn't have a problem getting around its features even if you've never used an AI content generator before.
Speaking of features, here are some of the highlights that make WriteSonic tick.
- Content rephraser to let you rephrase your content in various styles and tones that appeal to different target audiences
- Sentence expander to let you expand shorter sentences into long, descriptive, easy to understand one
- AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire, Action) formula to help you write full blog posts with the right keywords to drive traffic and conversion
- AI article writer to enable you to create high quality artificial intelligence-based content in a fraction of the time
- AI article intros to help you rope in the reader with compelling article introductions
- AI article ideas to enable you to generate interesting and relevant ideas for your blog posts
- AI article outlines to let you create detailed outlines for your content every time
- Tex summary to shorten the text summary for your blog post by outlining the main ideas and essential details
- Ability to write professional emails that allow you to engage with your subscribers and potential customers
WriteSonic is available in the following pricing plans:
- Basic: $15 per month for up to 50,000 words
- Economy: $25 per month for 375,000 words
- Professional: $45 per month for unlimited credits for 1 user
- Startup: $95 per month, unlimited credits for 2 users
WriteSonic has a free plan that offers all the basic features and 10 credits
WriteSonic is an excellent content creation software for users looking for an affordable option. I like how its pricing plans are structured to meet various users.
WriteSonic is great for personal use, freelancers, startups, and small businesses.
You can test WriteSonic by leveraging its free plan.
While Grammarly is an AI writing software per se, it'll help polish your writing by helping you check grammar mistakes.
The tool uses natural language processing for grammar checking, allowing you to generate a copy void of grammatical errors.
You can use Grammarly together with other AI tools like Jasper by installing a chrome extension on your device. The software will pick out grammar mistakes as you write.
Grammarly was founded in 2009 and has a team of in-house deep learning engineers working consistently to improve what the software can do.
Side Note: Grammarly has a free plan, but to help you make the most of what this AI tool can accomplish, I'll discuss the features of the paid version.
- Advanced grammar and punctuation checker to eliminate errors like fragments, run-on sentences, alliterations, and more
- Spelling checker to help you spot typos, spelling mistakes, and more
- Plagiarism checker to help ensure that every blog post you write is original and not plagiarized
- Writing style enhancer to provide a "near-human" touch via suggestions and tips
- Vocabulary enhancement
- Genre specific writing checks
Grammarly paid version is available in two plans as follows:
- Premium: $12 per month for 1 user
- Business: $15 per month for 3 users
Grammarly has a free basic plan as well.
Grammarly is the to-go-to writing assistant for online business owners and freelance writers who want to write articles free of grammatical mistakes.
The software covers everything from ensuring your syntax is correct to real-time grammar correcting.
While I recommend the paid plans, you can always try the free version before upgrading.
WordHero may not have the bells and whistles of most AI writing software in this roundup. Still, it is a solid choice if you want to generate articles without spending too much,
Make no mistake about it, though; the tool packs a punch with enough functionalities to help you produce SEO content at a scale.
You can even use it to generate social media captions to communicate with your followers. And then there's more.
- Automatic proofreading and editing process to ensure that your copy is error-free
- Sales copywriting to help you generate content writing ideas for your funnels
- Unique writing suggestions for your social media captions, emails, Google ads, descriptions, and Facebook posts
- Blog writer to churn quality content for your blog posts, introductions, snippets, and informational articles
- Up to 48 AI writing tools to help you make the most of WordHero
WordHero is available in two pricing tiers as follows:
- Monthly: $49 per month
- Yearly: $348 per year
WordHero is a reasonably priced AI writing software that'll get the job done whether you're a freelance writer or a digital marketing agency.
Sure, it doesn't compare to tools like Jasper or Frase, but I expect it to go through a series of updates as time goes by to make it a fully-fledged AI writing assistant.
Frase is an AI writing software with a difference.
First, this AI writer does more than just write online content. For instance, it allows you to analyze your competitor for a given keyword — more or less like Surfer SEO.
In fact, I can root for Frase as a solid Surfer SEO alternative.
On top of that, Frase can help identify content gaps as you create articles. This way, you can generate blog posts that rank well in SERPs and potentially outperform your competitors.
- Question research to help speed up your writing process by reducing the time it takes to find out your target audiences queries
- Artificial intelligence-generated content brief. This function allows you to produce content briefs in just a few seconds
- Answer engine to help you distribute every blog post you create using a targeted strategy to enable you to take readers through your answer funnel
- Content analytics to help you uncover new content opportunities for your keywords and audience
- SERP data enhancements to give you access to useful data metrics like backlinks and domain authority
Frase is available in three pricing tiers as follows:
- Basic Plan: $44.99 per month
- Team: $114.99 per month
- Enterprise: Contact Frase for pricing
Frase comes with a 5-day money-back guarantee.
Frase is one of the best AI writing tools if you're looking for comprehensive software that'll also give SEO insights while allowing you to snoop on what your competitors are doing.
I also vouch for Frase if you're into SEO writing for lead generation since the tool can help you write SEO-optimized content.
Copysmith is a content creation tool that promises to help you scale your content marketing campaign using AI.
According to the developer's official website, this AI writer is built to help content marketers produce high-converting ads, product descriptions, and emails in just a few clicks.
That way, you can spend less time staring at a blank page and more time generating high-quality content.
- Essential integrations including Google docs, Shopify, Frase, Google Ads, and WordPress
- Content optimizer for eCommerce, enabling you to get the right message in front of your audience faster
- AI-powered content creator to help you produce fresh content in a couple of minutes
- Content rewriter to rewrite existing content for repurposing
- AIDA (Attention, Interest, Desire Action) framework for content creation that generates the leads, traffic, and conversion
- Idea generator to get your juices flowing when you're stuck with ideas for your blog posts
- Product descriptions function to help you describe your merchandise in a compelling and enticing way
Copysmith is available in three pricing tiers structured as follows:
- Starter: $19 per month
- Professional: $59 per month
- Enterprise: Contact Copysmith for pricing
Copysmith is an AI content creation software designed for freelancers, content marketers, marketing agencies, and e-commerce business owners that want to produce content quickly.
I need to mention, though, that compared to AI writers, Copysmith focuses on long-form content.
Copysmith comes with a 7-day trial.
Quillbot is a paraphrasing tool that helps you rewrite sentences and paragraphs. It uses artificial intelligence to understand your text's meaning and then rewrites it in its own words.
Quillbot can help you improve your writing by making it more concise, clear, and engaging. It can also help you avoid plagiarism by ensuring that your paraphrases are unique.
Quillbot is free to use, and you can register for an account if you want to save your work and track your progress. Quillbot is a helpful tool for anyone who wants to improve their writing skills or create unique content. You can read more about Quillbot in my comprehensive Quillbot review.
- Grammar Checker
- Plagiarism Checker
- Citation Generator
Quillbot is available in free and premium plans. Premium plan pricing is as follows:
- $9.95 billed monthly
- $39.95 billed every six months
- $49.95 billed annually
Quillbot has my vote if you're looking for an AI writer that help you paraphrase articles, essays, and other writing pieces. In addition, it doesn't cost much.
The name couldn't be more appropriate.
EssaySoft is designed to help you write and rewrite essays in minutes. This super intuitive AI writer is accessible from all devices, allowing you to complete your tasks anywhere. I especially like its clever features to make a student's work easier.
- Essay Master to help you research everything you need to write your essay, including revisions for an A+ grade
- Essay Generator, a function that allows you to create your essay by simply entering the topic keywords, research depth, word count, and so on
- Essay Rewriter enables you to spice up your essays through actions like removing redundant words, hard-to-understand parts, and rewriting entire paragraphs
- Essay Researcher to allow you to gather the facts you need to put your essay together in no time
- Essay Shuffler to enable you to move sentences around for better results
- Essay Bibliography to help you compile one of the essential sections of any paper — the bibliography. This function gives you access to high-quality references for your essays.
EssaySoft is available on a subscription basis as follows:
- Monthly: $9.95
- Yearly: $69.95
- Lifetime: $99.95
You can cancel the subscription at any time.
EssaySoft is one of the best AI writing software for students.
It comes with everything you need to quickly get your essays together, from research to the actual writing. EssaySoft is affordable too. The unlimited plan gives the best value.
ProWritingAid promises to help you perfect your writing without doing a lot of groundwork.
And if the rave reviews and high ratings it has to its name are anything to go by, then this writing assistant does indeed live up to its promise.
ProWritingAid uses machine learning to pinpoint grammatical issues in your articles, social media posts, product descriptions, and more.
- Over 20 in-depth reports to help you analyze your writing
- Mac and Windows support give you more versatility regarding which device you can use to access the software
- Real-time thesaurus report to enable to you perfect your sentences with better synonyms and syntaxes
- Word Explorer is a function that helps you find the right words to use and, by extension, allows you to overcome writer's block.
- Grammar checker to help you with grammar, spelling mistakes, and punctuation
- Third-party integrations including chrome extension, Gmail, Google docs, Ms. Word, and more
ProWritingAid is available on a subscription basis as follows:
- Monthly: $20
- Yearly: $79
- Lifetime: $399
ProWritingAid has a 14-day money-back guarantee
ProWritingAid is a good AI writing software for anyone that wants to improve how they write, from students to bloggers.
It is also a solid Grammarly alternative, especially because it comes with a lifetime subscription plan.
ClosersCopy is a decent AI writer that's available in multiple languages — 127 to be precise.
This writing assistant is the product of Nico Engler, a seasoned copywriter who wanted to help clients write compelling articles quickly.
While ClosersCopy isn't as advanced as Jasper.ai, its developers have promised major updates in the future to make this tool even better.
I especially like the lifetime, which you may want to grab if you're on a tight budget. Here's what makes ClosersCopy an AI writing software you may want to consider.
- Unique artificial intelligence content generation models — Sales AI, Story AI, and Blog AI. Sales AI helps write a sales copy, Blog AI works for blog posts, while Story AI is designed to write compelling stories.
- Long-form editor for generating open-ended pieces without the limitations of artificial intelligence
- Over 50 marketing frameworks and templates
- Access helpful insights and analytics like keyword density, tone score, and spam
- Writing wizard curated templates to write sales letters and create email funnels
- Access to team support
- A thriving Facebook community
- Power words and thesaurus lookup
- Buildable swipe files for creating landing pages
ClosersCopy is available in the following pricing tiers:
- Power: $147 per installment for 300 AI runs per month
- Superpower: $187 per installment for unlimited AI writing for 3 users
- Superpower Squad: $247 per installment for unlimited AI writing for 5 users
Every plan comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
ClosersCopy is suitable for beginners and expert writers/marketers looking for content writing software to create a decent copy without leaving a hole in their budget.
ClosersCopy has a clean user interface with strategically placed navigation buttons, so you should get your first blog article up and running in a jiffy.
How Does AI Writing Software Work?
As the name suggests, an AI writer uses artificial intelligence to predict text-based phrases or paragraphs based on the first few phrases or sentences.
AI writing software can create landing pages, marketing copy, full blog posts, social media captions, and articles.
In addition, AI tools can research blog ideas, optimize your content for SEO and create blog outlines. Some like Grammarly can correct grammatical errors in your writing.
The primary purpose of an AI writing assistant is to remove the heavy lifting associated with writing content from scratch.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As I wrap up, let me go over a few questions users have regarding AI writing software.
Q: What is the best AI writing tool?
A: The ideal writing tool is the one that meets your needs best. Indeed, there are several AI writers you can choose from, so you want to pick one that offers features to allow you to handle your project perfectly.
That said, Jasper has my nod for the best AI writing tool. The software boasts a plethora of features to allow users to complete almost every task, including writing blog posts, SEO optimization (through Surfer SEO integration), and social media posts.
Q: Is AI writing free?
A: You can try out AI writing for free based on the tool you choose. Jasper, for instance, offers the first 10,000 words free. Still, most AI content generators are only accessible via paid plans. And those with a free AI writing option offer limited credits per month.
Q: What is an AI writing tool?
A: An AI writing assistant is a tool/software that leverages the power of machine learning and natural language processing to help users generate content automatically. You only need to feed the tool with a few phrases based on what you want, and it'll take it from there.
Q: Can AI write novels?
A: Yes, AI can write novels. However, AI still requires the intervention of a human editor to tether your thoughts to reality. It'll help reduce the time it takes to pen down your ideas significantly, though.
The AI tools I've discussed in this article can help you get your blog posts, articles, product descriptions, landing pages, and social media captions up and running in no time.
And, in the ever-dynamic content marketing world, these AI writing assistants could have come at a better time.
If you're looking for comprehensive AI writing software that offers a little bit of everything, Jasper is a base bet.
Want to discover other tools that can do the heavy lifting for tasks that comes with running an online business? Check out my collection of helpful resources.