If you're reading this, your search for the best YouTube to WAV converter brought you here, so I'll get right into it.
Snapdownloader is my favorite tool whenever I want to convert YouTube videos to WAV. I'll tell you why in a short while.
Other solid options include iTubego and Wondershare UniConverter.
Meanwhile, I'll discuss the following topics in this article:
- Highlights that make these WAV converter tools worth your attention
- How to choose a YT to WAV online converter
- How to make the most of your WAV converter
- The difference between a paid and free WAV online free converter — and why it makes sense to go for the paid option.
In addition, I'll go over 12 other YT to WAV converters in a bid to help find the app that works best for your needs, whether you're looking for a paid or free online tool.
What is the Best App to Convert YouTube Videos to WAV?
Indeed there are many tools that support converting YouTube videos to WAV.
While choosing one YT to WAV converter over another primarily depends on your needs, some tools aren't worth your attention.
Some free online YouTube converters, for instance, trick you into downloading YouTube videos as MP3 files before converting them into WAV.
However, in the real sense, these tools don't change the quality of the WAV files. Put differently, you have a WAV audio file format with the quality of an MP3 file.
So, how do you choose the ideal tool to help you convert YouTube videos to WAV?
Well, the best YouTube to WAV converter software should have the following features:
Ease of Use
You don't have to spend hours trying to convert YouTube content into WAV files with a complicated converter.
Ideally, you want a tool with an intuitive and straightforward user interface. This way, converting videos is easy and quick.
Again, this ties in with the ease of use. Choose a tool that enables you to convert YouTube videos to WAV and, at the same time, allows quick editing.
A good tool to convert YouTube to WAV YouTube lets you edit and manipulate a standard audio file into a high-quality audio file.
Offers Convenient Storage
Converting YouTube videos to WAV is one thing. Storing the files where you can easily access them is entirely different.
Pick a YouTube WAV converter application that allows you to store converted files into your PC or external device in the desired output format.
Allows Quick Sharing
When you've downloaded and converted videos, you may want to share them with friends or business partners.
Any WAV converter online tool worth your attention should allow you to share the audio data to your music library, medial social platform, or MP3 player.
Ability to Download Multiple Videos
You want WAV converter software that allows you to download YouTube playlists and convert videos simultaneously. Think of it as a way to save you time, a feature that'd come in handy, especially if you're converting YouTube to WAV in large batches.
Top YouTube to WAV Converter Apps
Now that you know what to look for in a WAV file converter let's look at the most sought-after YouTube to WAV converters and what makes them stand out.
This list includes paid and free YouTube to WAV apps.
Snapdownloader has my vote for the best YouTube to WAV converter application.
SnapDownloader is a popular tool for converting videos to WAV, boasting a sizable number of users and rave reviews to its name.
This video converter tool thrives on its superfast speeds, user-friendliness, and a wide array of features.
SnapDownloader can download and convert videos from YouTube and other 900+ websites. That’s not the only thing it can do, though.
- An immaculate user interface presented in a clean, detailed format so you can download any YouTube video easily
- Built-in YouTube search engine to let filter YouTube videos by keywords
- “Trim” functionality so you cut videos before downloading
- Ability to schedule your downloads and conversions to start at the most convenient time
- One-click mode allows you to download videos and convert them with a single click
- Bulk download to let you download several videos in one go before converting them to WAV
SnapDownloader is available on a subscription basis per computer as follows:
- Monthly: $7.99
- Three-month subscription: $14.99
- Annual subscription: $19.99
You can also opt for a lifetime license priced as follows:
- Personal license: $29.99
- Family Edition: $54.99 for 3 computers
SnapDownloader is an excellent cross-platform video downloader and YouTube to WAV converter designed for individuals and businesses.
The software can capture videos from geo-restricted locations and is usable on Windows and Mac devices. Go for it if you're after a video converter tool that works at remarkable speeds. You can try SnapDownloader for free.
iTubego ticks all the boxes of a solid and reliable tool designed to help you convert files to WAV seamlessly. First off, it isn’t limited to downloading videos. You can also download and convert audio.
What more, you can even watch online videos as they download. Or listen to your favorite podcasts as they convert to WAV format.
iTubego offers guaranteed security and is available in over 200 countries and regions. And, with over 1 million happy customers, you cannot go wrong with this as your tool of choice to convert YouTube to WAV.
- Ability to download and convert videos on over 10,000 sites, including Netflix, Facebook, Spotify, and Vimeo video files
- Ability to download YouTube videos in one-click
- Integrated all-in-one video converter
- Ability to convert videos to WAV audio format and other formats like MP3, and MP4
- Turbo-fast mode for 10x faster downloading
- Built-in browsers, allowing you to find and download online videos quickly
- Ability to download Facebook private videos
- Built-in YouTube cutter to edit videos quickly
- Subtitles, enabling you to download and convert videos in foreign languages
iTubeGo is available for free, and it provides a 30-day money-back guarantee, free customer service, and free updates for life. However, you can upgrade to the PRO version ($29.95 for life) if you want more features.
iTubego is one of the best YouTube to WAV converter if you're looking for a user-friendly tool that can do just about anything from downloading private videos to converting different audio formats.
The one-click download functionality makes it easy to navigate iTubego whether you're a beginner or a busy enterprise that needs to do a lot of converting videos into WAV and other audio files.
Wondershare UniConverter is one of the best overall video converter software I've come across.
It boasts a pleasant user interface — I especially like the aesthetically appealing dark mode — that allows you to download videos easily.
You can seamlessly queue up a large batch of video playlists and leave the downloading in the background. And then there's more:
- 30X high-speed conversion
- Ability to convert video from entire Instagram pages in over 1,000 formats
- A collection of professional video editing tools to add watermarks, insert subtitles, and more
- Ability to download videos and compress them, allowing you to save space on your PC
- Ability to select video parameters, preview and tweak single/multiple file formats into HD videos and high-quality audio
- Screen, audio, and webcam recording
- Integrated disc burner to create DVDs and Blu-rays from your video files
Wondershare UniConverter pricing is structured as follows:
- Quarterly Plan: $29.99
- Annual Plan: $39.99
- Perpetual Plan: $59.99 (One-time fee)
Each Plan offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can try Wondershare UniConverter for free.
I’d recommend Wondershare UniConverter for most ordinary users. It is also an excellent YouTube video converter for businesses and students.
In fact, this WAV downloader has two packages exclusively designed for businesses and students.
4K Video Downloader is a multi-platform tool that can convert video content from popular websites to WAV format.
You can use it to download any YouTube video, TikTok snippet, and DailyMotion content, to mention but a few.
On top of that, this WAV converter tool is available in multiple languages to support a wider user base.
- Automatic YouTube video download for all your subscribed channels
- Ability to extract subtitles and annotations together with any YouTube video
- Smart Mode to let you apply customized settings to your future YouTube to WAV conversions
- 3D and 360-degree reality video downloads
- Ability to convert private YouTube content to WAV content
- Allows you to download embedded YouTube videos from any website without compromising video quality
- Ability to download and convert video from restricted regions
4K Video Downloader is available in three packages as follows:
- Personal: $15
- Pro: $45
- Bundle: 65
4K Video Downloader offers a 14-day money-back guarantee
4K Video Downloader is a solid WAV conversion tool with a reliable performance to match.
I recommend it if you're looking for software that can handle the rigors of everyday use while achieving top-notch audio quality for your WAV files.
5. Leawo Prof. Media 11
Leawo Prof. Media 11 is an online file converter that offers excellent media compatibility and can allow you to convert videos in a range of different formats.
As a media converter suite, it lets you watch HD video, DVD movies, and video files the way you like. You can even rip and convert videos to cd quality audio files.
- Ability to download and convert protected YouTube videos irrespective of regions
- Pause function to halt conversion and resume the process at a more convenient time
- Converts your media in several audio formats from WAV to WMV, FLV, MP3, and other formats
- Ability to download videos and convert them while maintaining the original quality
- A user-friendly interface
- Batch conversion support
Leawo Prof. Media 11 is available for $169.95 per year.
If you’re looking for a better deal, go with the lifetime license, which costs $195.96 per year.
Leawo Prof. Media 11 is one of the best YouTube to WAV file converter applications for managing a wide range of video and audio formats.
This WAV downloader can come in handy for businesses dealing with many file conversions with its set of impressive features. I also like that Leawo Prof. Media 11 can burn video to DVD and Blu-ray content.
6. WinX HD Converter
WinX HD Converter boasts 400+ conversion presets, 4K/8K video conversion support, and other tools to speed up the conversion process.
WinX is only 125MB in size. This means it won't take up space in your computer or slow down your machine. In fact, it'll only need 256MB of RAM to perform to its optimum.
- Multiple file conversions, including YouTube to WAV, video to MP3, and more
- Enhancement technology helps you improve the overall quality of your WAV files
- Integrated media player to allow you to add subtitles from a file, trim your video's duration, and crop parts of your audio files
- Auto copying function to reduce the time it takes to convert files from one format to another
- Deinterlacing function to remove pixel lines appearing in the original video by decoding them
- Ability to download a file embedded in a video URL on more than 500 websites
WinX HD Converter pricing is structured as follows:
- Premium License: $19.95 per year for 3 computers
- Ultimate License: $44.95 for a lifetime for 1 computer
- WinX HD Converter has a 30-day money-back guarantee
WinX HD Converter is a great YouTube to WAV converter for businesses, organizations, and individuals looking to unlock the value of their expanding content libraries.
It offers plenty of customization and adjustment options that anyone working professionally with WAV files will find helpful.
VideoProc is a lightweight yet powerful YouTube to WAV conversion tool with versatile video processing capability.
Apart from allowing you to convert YouTube content into WAV files, this software can also transform large HD/4K videos from your smartphone, camera, or camcorder.
Other than that, here’s what made VideoProc in this roundup of top WAV converters:
- Level 3 hardware acceleration to enable you to convert videos 6 times faster
- Comprehensive toolbox with advanced editing options like cropping, compressing, merging, WAV files syncing, and more
- Ability to process large 4K videos from short from any device
- Powerful conversion with countless audio formats and profiles
- Ability to compress audio and video files by up to 90% without compromising quality
- Integrated engine to download video content from over 1,000 websites
- Built-in recorder tool to enable shooting and watching videos on your PC
- VideoProc licenses are priced as follows:
- One year: $29.95
- Lifetime: $37.95
- Family: $57.95
VideoProc comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee
VideoProc is the to-go-to YouTube to WAV software if you're looking for a hassle-free conversion while accomplishing other tasks like recording, downloading, etc.
It is also a good tool for processing and editing large HD/4K videos shot from cameras or smartphones.
VidJuice is an audio converter designed to help you convert YouTube to WAV in seconds.
It also allows you to save any video in WAV audio format, whether you’ve downloaded the content on Netflix, Vimeo, or Facebook.
To download videos, all you need to do is copy and paste the video link into VidJuice's built-in search engine, hit the download button, and you're good to go.
- Ability to grab and convert entire YouTube playlists and channels in one go
- High speeds to download YouTube videos in minutes
- Batch download for videos in 8K, 1080p, UHD, 4K, 60fps, and other formats
- Ability to download captions and subtitles with any YouTube video
- Extracting audio from YouTube content and saving it in WAV format
- In-app proxy setting to allow you to download videos for restricted locations
VidJuice is available in four plans as follows:
- Lifetime: $29.95
- One month: $9.95
- One year: $19.95
- Family: $39.95 for a one time purchase
VidJuice has a 30-day money-back guarantee
VidJuice is a reliable WAV converter online tool that can meet the conversion needs of agencies and small businesses.
This software is compatible with Windows and can work on over 10,000 websites, so it is as versatile as you'd want it to be.
9. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is a free online video converter with lots of features it's hard to believe you can use it without paying a dime.
I especially like how its most important features are cleverly organized to allow you to convert your YouTube to WAV content in a couple of clicks.
- Ability to convert between video and audio format — video to audio, audio to audio, and video to video
- Ability to download music and videos from YouTube and over 100 other websites
- Editing and personalization music with compromising audio quality
- Allows you to burn any WAV file to a blank DVD and play it with your DVD player
- Integrated media player that supports any video, DVD, or audio file format
Any Video Converter is a free YouTube to WAV converter.
The free version, though, offers basic functionalities.
You can always upgrade to Any Video Converter Ultimate to access premium features like video recording, screen capture, and more.
Any Video Converter Ultimate is available for $49.95
Any Video Converter, despite being free, offers top-notch security. It is an excellent tool for people looking for an online free YouTube to WAV conversion tool without compromising security.
CoConvert is an impressive online free converter with a pleasing interface and a plethora of capabilities.
This tool can help you with just about everything, from saving audio files in WAV format to downloading video content from your favorite streaming websites and everything in between.
- Converts video content to various audio formats like WAV, M4A, FLAC, and more for offline listening
- Ability to download and upload a YouTube playlist of up to 100 videos to your music library with a single click. You can then convert the video files uploaded to WAV format
- An intuitive web-based app to help you download video content straight from your smartphone
- Ability to download and convert Instagram and Facebook videos, including live streams in WAV file format
- Safe download and conversion without exposing your hardware to spyware or virus infections
- Allows you to download files while remaining anonymous
CoConvert is available for free. All you need to do is to download it from the developer's website and install it on your device
CoConvert boasts features that can rival paid WAV converters. It is the best software for YouTube to WAV conversions for people looking to leverage features you won't get with many free options.
Still, if you're in for premium capabilities, CoConvert may not be your tool.
Landing a spot in my YouTube to WAV converter roundup is Ontiva, a tool that lets you download YouTube content in WAV, MP3, and virtually any standard audio format.
In fact, according to a statement from developers, Ontiva supports unlimited downloads and conversions.
- Easy-to-use interface with no popups or ads to inconvenience you as you convert YouTube to WAV
- Unrestricted downloads and conversions, giving you the freedom to go wild with the audio file format you desire
- Offers several video and audio outputs, including YouTube to MP4, YouTube to MP3, and WAV file conversion
- High-speed YouTube to WAV conversions to keep the download time to the barest minimum
- YouTube to GIF maker to let you turn YouTube content into GIFs that go viral
- Batch download and conversion of YouTube content to WAV format
Ontiva is ideal for students and individuals who want to enjoy unlimited downloads and waveform audio file format conversions.
The tool offers good quality downloads at reasonable speeds. The best part? It is free!
How to Convert YouTube to WAV
Before converting YouTube to WAV, you'll need to get a tool that can help you do the job, of course.
I'm talking about software designed to make the process as quick and convenient as possible.
The next step is to learn how to use the converter. All WAV converters work virtually the same way — just navigate the dashboard to locate the function.
That said, here's to converting YouTube content to WAV works.
- Start by searching for the video you want to convert on the software's integrated search engine.
- If your tool doesn't have a built-in search engine, simply search the video on YouTube and copy-paste the URL on the converter.
- The next step involves downloading the video via the download button right below the search bar.
- Once the video is downloaded, you'll now want to convert it to WAV. Most converters have the YouTube to WAV as a separate function.
- Drag and drop your downloaded video over the YouTube to WAV button, and the tool will start to convert the video automatically. You can also upload the video directly from your computer.
- Most converters will save the converted WAV files in your PC "downloads" folders when you can access the file and upload them to your music library or external device.
Paid or Free Online Converter?
As you've noticed, I've reviewed both paid and free converters. But, what's the difference between the two? Most importantly, which one should you go for?
Well, any free online tool comes with certain limitations.
Make no mistake; I am not saying that WAV online free converters aren't worth it. I'm saying that free options are good only if you don't have much downloading or conversions.
And even if you were an occasional user, free converters don't come with premium features that you may require from time to time.
Free wave converters are only suitable if:
- You're a first time user who wants to learn how YouTube to WAV conversion works
- You need to convert a few videos to WAV
- You want to access how the free version works before upgrading to a paid plan
On the other hand, paid WAV converters allow you to convert videos in batches. Some even let you download as many as 100 videos at a go.
Further, you can customize elements like audio quality, video length, etc.
So, if you want to experience YouTube to WAV conversion at its best, you're better off with a paid tool.
YouTube Video to WAV Conversion FAQs
As I come to the near end of this roundup, let me go over a few questions people ask about WAV files and WAV conversions.
Why Use a YouTube to WAV Online Converter?
There are many reasons you'd want to use a WAV online converter.
First off, YouTube doesn't allow you to download any content on the website — unless you acquire prior written permission from the company.
At times, though, you may want to listen to YouTube content offline for work purposes, learning, or entertainment purposes.
A tool that can help with YouTube to WAV conversion will come in handy in such situations.
So what does such a converter allow you to do? It enables you to achieve the following:
- Edit and customize downloaded WAV files to HD quality
- You can store or transfer the WAV files to your PC or external devices
- You can share the WAV files across various platforms and devices
- You can listen to your favorite YouTube content offline
Which is better for YouTube; WAV or MP3?
Before answering this question, I'll first analyze the advantages and disadvantages of MP3 and WAV files.
An MP3 audio file:
- Is smaller than a WAV file. So, if you're a YouTube content creator, using MP3 files can allow you to share a lot more work in smaller compressed templates.
- Is compatible with a wide range of devices and devices including Linux, Windows, iOS, iPad, Mac, and more. This means that you can share your YouTube content without converting the file type.
On the flip side, MP3 files:
- Tend to compromise quality
- Are more prone to piracy
- Are inclined to audio distortion
WAV files, on the other hand;
- Are easy to edit
- Offer higher sound quality
- Allow you to create high-quality recordings at home
On the downside, WAV files:
- Require more storage space, which can affect your budget and how your audience accesses your YouTube content
- Are incompatible with some devices
So, which format is better for YouTube?
Well, the choice of one format over the other depends on the following factors:
- The kind of content you're creating
- How much you're willing to pay for your file hosting
- What your audience wants
So, consider the following factors to determine which audio format works best for you.
Is WAV good quality?
Yes, WAV is good quality.
You see, WAV files aren't compressed when decoded. In essence, this means that these files retain all original audio elements.
Audio engineers and editors refer to WAV files as "lossless" since they don't lose any part of your audio.
That said, WAV files are relatively better regarding quality. They offer authentic and accurate audio clips.
Congrats for reading this article up to this point. By now, I hope you've already pinpointed the YouTube to WAV converter that meets your needs.
To recap, Snapdownloader has my nod as the best WAV online converter if you're scouting for a robust online file conversion tool with every feature you may be looking for.
It is reasonably priced and fast enough for agencies and individuals.
And if you're on a tight budget or aren't ready to go premium yet, I've thrown in a few free options for you— just know that the free converters offer basic features and capabilities.
Have you used any of the tools in this roundup? What was your experience? Feel to share your experience in the comment section below. I'd love to hear from you.
Are you looking for more file conversion tools?
Go over my YouTube to MP3 and YouTube to MP4 converters recommendations to discover the best tools.