Tracking your business assets is one of the smartest moves you can make.
And, with the best asset management software, you can easily keep tabs on your company’s assets from one central point.
All asset management tools aren’t made equal, though.
When looking for a tool to help you manage your assets, you want one that meets your needs.
To help you pick the right software, we’ve created this in-depth guide, reviewing top-rated asset management solutions and what makes them tick.
What is the Best Asset Management Software?
Whether you’re looking for a tool that offers remote monitoring, asset lifecycle management, software management, a great user experience, or one that’s easy to implement, this roundup has got you covered.
Read on to discover some of the most sought-after asset management suites on the market.
ManageEngine AssetExplorer is a mature IT asset management package made by one of the most popular IT tool kit providers.
While its features haven’t evolved much for the last couple of years, AssetExplorer still sticks out from the competition, thanks to its advanced functionalities.
With what it has to offer, this package receives the Editors Choice spot in our asset management software reviews.
- Excellent reporting capabilities including pre-designed reports and the ability to create customized reports. You can also export reports in multiple formats and schedule delivery to specific recipients.
- Unique relationship maps to provide a clear picture of your business assets, their use, and how much it costs to run them.
- Software licensing administration to ensure compliance and curb the use of unauthorized software in your business.
- Device discovery function to help you track active and inactive assets in your network.
- Support for virtual and physical asset management.
- Intuitive Windows-style user interface to shorten the learning curve.
AssetExplorer follows a subscription pricing model bundled based on your IT asset management needs. Pricing starts at $795 for 250 IT assets.
Still, you can request a personalized quote depending on your specific requirements.
AssetExplorer is ideal for small and medium-sized businesses looking for a powerful, feature-rich solution to handle all aspects of asset management.
While its capabilities may be overwhelming for first-time users, you can leverage the 30-day free trial to enable you to figure out how this asset management package works.
2. Asset Panda
Asset Panda is a delightfully fleshed-out solution with a variety of niceties to enable seamless asset management.
While its user interface looks complex, the package comes with a collection of Help video tutorials so you can get started right out of the box.
Asset Panda is a pretty well-thought asset management software, boasting the functionalities to manage a stockpile of physical assets and a sundry of logistics, shipping, and storage workflows.
- Almost everything about Asset Panda is customizable, from required fields to notifications and reporting, allowing you to create super-targeted workflows.
- Compatibility with Android and iOS devices, enabling you to scan barcodes or manually add assets into the system on the go.
- Ability to attach audio, photos, videos, and other details about your assets from any connected location.
- Role-based security, allowing your team to access the necessary information and function while staying safely constrained from anything above their pay grade.
- Ability to identify missing or unusable “ghost assets”, saving you issuance costs and tax for assets you can’t use.
- Compatibility with third-party software like G-Suite, Zendesk, and Zebra
Asset Panda prices 250 assets for $1,000 per year. This model covers application programming interface (API) use, unlimited users, customer reporting, and phone support.
You can also opt for a customized implementation – most for new clients – at an additional fee.
Asset Panda is an excellent asset software management for businesses looking for a simple, highly customizable platform to help them keep an eye on their assets.
With the video tutorial and a 14-day trial, this solution has everything you need to help you
GoCodes is an asset management system packaged around Quick Response (QR) codes stickers. Users attach the stickers on any assets they want to geo-locate and track physically.
This solution leverages mobile devices to scan the QR codes and broadcast the data to a cloud-based database.
That way, you can locate any asset you’ve attached the QR code sticker to via your desktop or mobile dashboard.
- The innovative tamper-proof sticker system is not only affordable and secure but also enables you to manage any asset – online or offline, networked or non-networked.
- GoCodes mobile app provides the flexibility to specify the tiniest details about your assets, including the information on the QR code sticker itself.
- Ability to track service requests, maintenance, and repairs of each asset via the app.
- Tailored, niche-specific packages to meet your unique needs even better.
- GPS asset tracking coupled with an inventory module.
- Each plan can handle any number of employees and unlimited mobile apps, enabling you to make the most out of your subscription.
GoCodes is available in five plans – Standard, Premium, Premium Elite, Enterprise, and Professional.
While you can pay monthly, you can save up to 10% with an annual subscription.
You can also request a custom offer as your asset tracking needs evolve.
GoCodes has my vote for the best asset management software if you’re in for a solution that offers the flexibility of GPS location and top-level security without leaving a hole in your budget.
The package comes with a 15-day trial.
4. InvGate Assets
InvGate Assets ticks all the boxes if you’re in for an IT asset management solution that’s easy to set up, supports remote desktop, and offers advanced reporting.
Once installed, you can track your inventory and assets while leveraging features like network discovery, change management, software metering, license management, and software deployment.
Add the easy-to-maneuver user interface and what you get is a tool that rightly belongs to the best asset management software collection.
- Simple navigation for getting reports. All you need to do is conduct a regular search then export the information to Microsoft Excel.
- Easy-to-set-up alert system for quick notifications of any problems with your assets.
- Windows, Linux, and Mac OS compatibility.
- A straightforward approach to loading assets into the system via agent installation on any assets or device that you want to track.
- Reliable and updated information about your hardware and software assets to maximize return on investment (ROI) and total cost of ownership.
InvGate Assets pricing structure is based on the number of nodes you want to support and whether you’ll opt to upgrade annually or buy a perpetual license.
While the actual price isn’t available on the company’s official website, InvGate Assets is available in three plans – Insights, Service Desk, and Assets.
Still, you can request a quote by filling out a form on the website.
InvGate Assets is a good asset management software for small businesses with limited IT staff that could benefit from some assistance.
And, because this IT asset management solution thrives on simplicity, the learning curve is shorter, enabling your team to track company assets efficiently and in no time.
InvGate Asset offers a 30-day free trial.
5. MMSoft Pulseway
We vouch for MMSoft Pulseway as the to-go-to asset management software if you’re scouting for a comprehensive solution to help you with infrastructure management.
Ideal for midsize and larger organizations, this asset management suite packs a host of mobile capabilities and improved live chat.
On the inventory management side, it bundles excellent reporting with remarkable support for multiple kinds of devices, remote support, and the span of physical and virtual assets.
- Powerful, beginner-friendly mobile-oriented asset management platform.
- Ability to perform administrative tasks at the comfort of your tablet or smartphone.
- Ultra-modern and intelligent user experience irrespective of your device.
- You can access all of MMSoft Pulseway’s features via a simple, super-responsive interface and near-instant machine connectivity.
- Mobile and desktop troubleshooting for cloud-based servers and operating systems.
- Real-time status updates straight from the Pulseway app with detailed notification options, enabling you to choose and schedule specific asset management tasks.
MMSoft Pulseway starts at $32 per month (at the time of writing this).
However, the pricing may vary depending on the number of your endpoints/devices and 3rd party patch management requirements. You can also get the BitDefender cloud security antivirus as an extra-cost add-on.
With what it offers, MMSoft Pulseway is the best asset management software for mobile applications.
Sure, this tool may have limited reporting capabilities. Still, on the flip side, it is a top-rated cloud monitoring and management (RMM) tool with robust and well-thought-out functionalities to track asset data.
MMSoft Pulseway comes with a 14-day trial.
6. Freshservice ITAM
Freshservice ITAM is a great asset management system if you don’t have a lot of spare time to manage assets.
It’ll discover connected devices automatically and help with asset lifecycle management. You can also use it to monitor your IT-related contracts to ensure that your software licenses and website security are always up to date.
And when you’re using Freshservice ITAM to track assets, it can double up as a ticket management solution.
- Excellent performance analytics and reporting as per SLA requirements.
- The ability to automate ITAM processes relieves you of the burden of tracking and updating information about your software and hardware assets.
- Availability of comprehensive inventory management tools enabling you to track and stay up to date with your stock levels.
- Digital assets management backed by automated action via the Orchestration center.
- Multi-source configuration management database that can intuitively connect to your operations and service management ecosystems.
Freshservice ITAM is available in four plans – Starter, Growth, Pro, and Enterprise. Prices are broken as follows:
- Starter - $19 per month billed annually or $29 billed monthly
- Growth – $49 per month billed annually or $59 billed monthly
- Pro - $89 per month billed annually or $109 billed monthly
- Enterprise - $109 per month billed annually or $129 billed monthly
Freshservice ITAM is a great asset tracking solution for businesses looking for a feature-rich IT toolbox for software license management without blowing their budget.
And because it can easily integrate with other business and IT systems, the software enables organizations to focus on what’s most important – customer satisfaction and excellent service delivery.
Freshservice ITAM offers a 21-day free trial.
7. Ivanti IT Asset Management
Wrapping up our asset management toolset roundup is this solution by the renowned Ivanti.
Great for customized reports, this feature-rich suite offers flexibility in tracking key data points. You can even personalize its reporting based on specific queries.
It is also ideal if you don’t mind on-premises software installation.
- Asset discovery, lifecycle management, software compliance, financial management, and software license entitlement bundled into one convenient package.
- Window-based interface, making this solution user-friendly for asset management beginners.
- Easy-to-follow initial setup wizard for quick installation and configuration.
- Customizable workflows and processes.
- Compatibility with desktop workspaces enabling faster response time for report generation and asset discovery.
- Lots of pre-designed reports, allowing you to highlight key data points.
Ivanti’s is priced based on how many nodes you need to support.
While the manufacturer doesn’t disclose the exact prices, you can reach out and negotiate an offer directly.
Ivanti is an excellent asset management software for cloud-based solutions that help companies of all sizes manage their IT asset performance, including reporting on financial data and lease tracking.
While Ivanti doesn’t have a free version, it offers a 45-day trial.
What is Asset Management Software?
Asset management software, at its core, is a centralized system that enables real-time asset tracking for businesses.
The idea behind having an asset management system is to minimize administrative costs, enhance service and provide more transparency into how your business assets are utilized, maintained and the charges involved.
Asset Management Software Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the best way to track assets?
While there are several asset management strategies, investing in asset management software is the best way to stay on top of your physical and digital assets.
When looking for an asset tracking solution, you’ll want to pick one that meets your specific inventory management needs.
Of course, you’re better off with a suite that’s compatible with the technology used in your organization.
What are the types of management assets?
Asset management covers a broad scope of distinct disciplines and industries, including fixed, IT, enterprise, financial, infrastructure, and digital assets management.
Understating the various types of asset management is a critical component when picking a suitable management platform.
What are the benefits of an asset management strategy?
Asset tracking, and by extension, inventory management, can be helpful to your organization in several ways, including:
- Improved efficiency occasioned by understanding equipment utilization.
- Ability to make informed business decisions such as budgeting for current and future operations.
- It enables your organization to meet software license compliance at any given time.
- Access to asset maintenance history, helping ensure that your functioning physical and digital assets are functioning properly at all times.
What is Software Asset Management Service?
Software Asset Management Service (SAM) refers to the infrastructure and processes required for effective management, protection, and control of software assets throughout their entire lifecycle.
The market is inundated with a collection of asset management software. If you don’t know where to start, you can easily spend your money on the wrong toolset.
While the systems reviewed here aren’t the only ones in the market, they offer innovative features to meet the demand of most businesses.
Picking your ideal asset management system has just become easier!